New Parent App For School Communications
We have recently purchased software which will allow for better communication between home and school. Parents will need to download the ScholarPack Parents app which is available from both the Apple and Google App Stores. Instructions are on the school website in the ‘For Parents’ section under ‘ScholarPack’.
This will bring a number of advantages to:
- You can keep your personal details up-to-date via the app and this then informs the office.
There is no need to tell us separately.
- You can monitor your child’s attendance with current figures.
- You can report your child’s absence directly from within the app without having to phone school – helping you save time in the morning.
- Messages and notifcations are sent instantly to your phone.
To enable the system to work effectively, we have had to categorise the existing contacts we hold into number order according to the following principles:
- People with parental responsibility and also those people who are categorised under law as being a parent e.g. a partner living with somebody with parental responsibility.
- Grandparents and other wider family members who you have given us contact details for.
- Family friends or other trusted adults who you have given us contact details for.
The system will allow us to directly communicate with people in the first category whilst users can see the names of all contacts, the system only allows users to see their own details in full. The details of other contacts remain hidden.
We have generated link-up codes for the people we are aware of with parental responsibility. We can do this for other category 1 adults on request.
Your name: THIS WILL HAVE A SEPARATE NAME FOR EACH USER
Your link-up code: THIS WILL BE A PERSONAL CODE FOR EACH USER
If your mobile device is unable to run the app, the system defaults to sending communications as more traditional text messages.
If you are unable to login using the linkup, it may be that the mobile phone number we hold on record for you is incorrect – please contact the office to check.